Welcome to Rita Visa Advisor

Talk to expert


Apply Now

Getting married in Thailand

To get a Marriage Certificate with your partner in Thailand, we can assist you to have a smooth and sped up process. The following is our services provided regarding marriage in Thailand:

  1. Before the Thai government allows a citizen of a foreign country to marry a Thai citizen, they must be provided with proof that the foreigner is free to marry. Proof that is acceptable to the Thai government must be obtained from the foreign citizen’s Embassy. The American Citizens Services Section of the American Embassy in Bangkok provides American Citizens with a notarized and stamped called the “Affirmation of Freedom to Marry”. The process of obtaining the “Affirmation of Freedom to Marry” can take 30-60 minutes and varies with the Embassy’s workload on any given day.
  2. Translate the English documents we obtained from the American Embassy into the Thai language for presentation to the Thai government.
  3. Take the translated documents, to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Legalization Division. The Legalization Division will verify the authenticity of your signatures and the Embassy Seal. The translations of the documents will be analyzed for accuracy and ensure they are certified correctly. Our staff will represent you through this process. Standard processing time is three days; however, our firm will speed up the process.
  4. Our firm will make an appointment with District officer for you. Normally you need to make appointment at least a few days in advance however, we can request for this to be sped up.
  5. Our staff will take you and your partner to the district office with all documents required by the Thai government for the legal marriage. Our staff will present you and your partner along with all documentation to the district office. Both of you will receive an original certificate of marriage on that day.

Free Immigration Assessment

Find out your options for visa by completing a free online assessment.